While shows are on pause due to COVID-19, Crew Nation is here to provide some support to the touring and venue crews that serve as the backbone of the music industry.
The impact of this intermission period is being felt far and wide, and our goal is to provide a helping hand to as many people as possible. With this in mind, we will be providing a one-time grant of $1000 USD for those impacted by COVID-19 to use for personal basic living expenses. We hope this grant helps provide a small bridge of support while government assistance programs get up and running. If funds remain, we will explore additional distribution.
At this time we are accepting applications for concerts originally scheduled to take place in May. If funds remain, we will open a new application period for shows originally scheduled to take place in June.
We anticipate the entire application process from review through distribution of award to successful candidates to take up to 60 days, but we will do our best to work through the applications as quickly as possible. Inadequate proof of employment information or identification documentation can cause additional processing time. Thank you for your patience, and most of all, for your hard work and dedication to live music.
To qualify, you must:
- Make 50% or more of your income as an artist crew member, live music crew member, or venue crew member. Venue crew members are the front of house and backstage staff that help bring concerts to life.
- Provide documentation proving hire for a May tour, festival or concert that was cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19. Examples of documentation: a letter/email from your employer identifying your name, role and cancellation; a copy of your contract for that tour or concert along with flyers or notice of cancelled or postponed concert.
- Provide a copy of your most recent tax return or equivalent documentation.
Please note, even if you meet the above qualifications, you will be ineligible if you:
- Are currently or anticipate receiving any pay from an employer, including partial, reduced or disaster relief pay.
- Create a free Submittable account in order to submit. You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- Use these browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. (Internet Explorer is not supported.) We recommend submitting your application via computer versus a mobile device.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable Account is one that you check regularly.
- For technical support with your application, please contact Submittable's Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For eligibility questions, please contact email@example.com